“PLANO, Texas – A professional basketball player in Texas is off the court after his cellphone exploded in his hand, burning him.
Khouraichi Thiam, 31, …he was in a car with friends May 15 when his LG K20 Plus suddenly exploded in his right hand.
“It just blew up,” he said. “It exploded. The driver, who is my friend, was screaming. We all were screaming. I thought I was going to die.”
During the explosion, battery acid spewed onto Thiam’s right hand. He suffered second-degree burns and said he can’t move his thumb, his index finger or his middle finger. Parts of his hand are also numb, suggesting he suffered nerve damage.”
There are several short videos in the source article worth seeing.